Celebrating #SELday Success!
On Friday, March 11, 2022 thousands of educators, students, community organizers, and individuals celebrated the third annual International SEL Day by showcasing, promoting, advocating and supporting SEL around the globe. YOUR efforts helped #SELday reach several important milestones:
- #SELday trended on Twitter for more than 5 hours
- Over 11 million views from over 8,000 mentions of #SELday
- Over 100,000 #SELday likes across social media
- A letter recognizing #SELday from the president and first lady
- Six #SELday state proclamations
- Over #SELday 2,800 participants representing 63 countries and all 50 U.S. states and DC
- More than 2,300 schools, districts, and organizations represented
- Participants committed to over 8,000 actions to showcase, promote, advocate, and support #SELda1
Trending on Twitter!
The White House Celebrates #SELday
States & Cities Honor #SELday
Governors in six states—California, Delaware, Nevada, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Vermont—issued proclamations or letters of support #SELday. In addition, many cities and school boards issued #SELday proclamations and resolutions. We appreciate the advocates that helped bring this attention to SEL in their states!